Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Private Stream

Please just build the ability to unlist streams from the home page. I want to play games privately with my Girlfreind due to the awesome low latency but it's not necessarily "private" if we are somewhere on listed.

67 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  AdminMixer Team (Admin, Mixer) responded  · 

While we just rolled out “test streams” to partners that allow streamers to broadcast for short periods of time without their audience seeing, this is only for stream setup and configuration.

We do not have plans currently for private streams in light of enforcement concerns. Mixer is primarily focused on providing ways for gaming communities to grow together and hiding certain streams doesn’t align with our focus right now.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Forjan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is sorely needed. Friendlist-only streaming, private streaming, password-based streaming and other privacy settings. I get why they think it makes no business sense, but with this now being THE Microsoft streaming option, these are just bad options not to have on Xbox and Windows.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup to prevent stream sniping...pls...cuz i use this to record and some friends watch it...

• Josh Ebersol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to restrict a stream to my Xbox Live friends list (or perhaps even to my party).

• HIJIKIsw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to stream to a specific user.

For example, i can set the password.
        and, required for stream watching and push interactive buttons.

Does such a function exist?
        If not, I want you to implement it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base