Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Audio Only To Work Under Lockscreen On Mixer Mobile App

The mobile app does give you the ability to change the stream to audio only which is great for those with limited data plans that would be tortured by watching video, but it does have one issue.

Some of my viewers like to listen to streams while at work or out and about and the app stops working as soon as you lock the screen.

It needs to be able to run under a locked screen.

This means when people put their phones away in their pocket etc they can still listen as well as the added massive benefit to the battery life of their devices.

This is something the Twitch app does allow so would be nice if Mixer could match that as it seems like something that's more straightforward to do and in the end is a fairly basic feature that would benefit a lot of viewers and thus the streamers they're listening to.

22 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SKtheChef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This exactly. I almost only watch on mobile and would love to be able to close the app and still have the audio going and still be counted as a viewer.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I totally agree on and strongly support, when trying to listen at work, the iPhone app just drains your battery and data plan, where if there audio to when I put my phone to standby I would be keen to listen a lot more to the streamer. I really hope mixer fix this issue 👍

Feedback and Knowledge Base