Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Mobile Login - Alternative login options

Since the latest update on Mixer (Browser version) I’ve noticed a change on how people are prompted to login in/sign up in the platform. There’s now a straight forward option to login with your Microsoft account however, there’s a visible button where users are allowed to choose other ways to login.

Unfortunately the same thing doesn’t happen with mobile login what so ever.

So far, I’ve seen In the play store, there's a lot of complains regarding this specific matter, mainly because people are being forced to create another email to sign in, even those who used to sign in with, let's say a google account.

My suggestion falls in the following line of thought, adding that same option to the mobile app would please those who already had an account and maybe later on they'll transition to a Microsoft account. However keeping the sign up option with a Microsoft account only would be the way to go from now on.

In sum:
- People who already had an account before the Microsoft acquisition get to have the other options to login.
- People who are now joining the platform have to sign up with a Microsoft account.

37 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Valsis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TheRealSneakers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree..I signed on when it was Beam...now I cant get into Mixer without crating and linking a MicroSoft account. I shouldnt be forced to create another account, when I created this account before MS bought Beam up. I do have a MS account, but it ended up creating a new account on Mixer....not the one I already had....and in thinking...I dont want to link my original channel to a MS account...I didnt like when Google forced this **** on us with YouTube, dang if I'm gonna like the same thing here.

• Kevin Purcell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop forcing users to login using Microsoft services. This has been attempted on other services like Skype and it doesn't work. The Microsoft account system is bloated and really clunky.
        The old beam/mixer account system is simple and instant. forcing logins from third party sites (especially microsoft) will just make it a pain.

• Jonnawon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to sign into the app with their username and password. Some people, like myself, choose not to link their Microsoft account and I would like to be able to use the app.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My account was made without Microsoft and now it's impossible to signin again; was unable to link my email despite what the helpdesk said

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t want to have to sign up for ANOTHER account for something that I won’t use except for signing into Mixer. I liked it better when I just had to use my email address and password. I had no issues with the streams so why not keep that option for people?

• Magpie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please, give us legacy users a way to log in without creating a new account to log into an account we've had for years. This is ridiculous that I'm locked out of mixer on mobile simply because I do not want to have yet another email and password to deal with.

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the Android Mixer app, you can only sign into Mixer through a microsoft account. I primarily use my PC to view mixer, therefore, I was able to login to mixer through discord, however, the mobile app won't let me access this account because I have to login through Microsoft.

Feedback and Knowledge Base