Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Xbox one integrated Stream overlays

I would love for you guys to implement a feature that allows for the people who are currently stuck on console for streaming to have a couple simple stream overlays to use. Such as a face cam border and maybe a follower announce. This would be a great way to make console streams look a little sharper and these could easily be managed through the broadcast set-up, you could opt to have it on or off and just like chat overlay choose the position. This feature could be rolled out first for xbox insiders to test it and see if it has the potential to go far and get general feedback

323 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mrPiddles68 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  AdminMixer Team (Admin, Mixer) responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback! We totally agree that it would be awesome to overlays on Xbox. We’ll see what we can do.

We’ll keep you posted, so be on the look out for more info!

Thanks,
    Tara (+ a couple other PMs)

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DIPDIPOTATOCHIP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to have something like a mixer type streamjar able to run in the background. this would make being able to stream directly from Xbox, without having to have 2-3 more pieces of software and a PC required to host alot more enjoyable.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would be 1 of the first people to use it if you guys could make that work! cant put it into words how excited i would be for this!!!

• BootheBoys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be AMAZING!!! It would really set Mixer apart from Twitch & Youtube and help it's growth!!

• Lunar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this to be added. Basically having the same features as an obs streamer would.

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen it will open so many doors for console users

• Josh Warburton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm thinking of starting streaming but need to figure out a way to get overlays and so on, cause I know that interaction with the chat is important

I totally agree. Unless i want to upgrade my computer and buy a capture card I can't edit the way my stream looks. It makes it hard to attract more viewers

• Lefty the Kid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Microsoft needs a little boost in reasoning for working on this... you currently cant play your games in 4k hdr and stream with all the bells and whistles going without spending a ton of money. If Mixer were to offer even some default overlay setup and some subscriber triggers, I think you would see alot of new start up streamers. Just a few of those being worth watching streamers and youre growing Mixer. This thing feels dead in the water until you do something to step in front of Twitch rather than chase it.

• M I L I T 4 N T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have requested this before and also posted the idea on xbox.uservoice.com stating they should also have an overlay system similar to this! All it would take is a site which is potentially a window, meaning you could add a boarder, text, goals, GIF's etc, then you just stream through this window which has your overlays saved to your account! :-)

• The Scro MX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Par exemple recuperer l'overlay créer sur StreamJar et l'integrer sur Xbox via le Lien

For example, recover the created overlay on StreamJar and integrate it on Xbox via the Link

• Richard Worth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They really need to make this happen!, I'm coming from Twitch and I'd love Mixer to get ahead of them at some point. This will go a long way to making this happen!!.

Being able to manage the overlay on desktop or mobile so you don't have to use the controller to do it would be awesome too

• Uncle Jessy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

110% yes this request. I primarily stream through my Xbox and love how simple it is.

A few options for a boarder around your camera... display your gamer tag, little ticker thing on on bottom or top when new folks follow... amazing and would love it.

• GoldenNova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom overlays? would work like a watermark. we could upload it to u guys, and it would apply to our streams no matter what device.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base