Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Achievements System to encourage viewers and streamers

Similar to what twitch recently announced I think that Mixer should integrate some type of achievement system or milestones for streamers AND viewers.

Examples for viewer achievements could be

1) watch a streamer who has less than 15 viewers.
2) watch a stream for over an hour
etc.

You could do a variety of achievements to encourage activity from viewers in different/unique ways on Mixer.

The reward for completed achievements could be sparks?

187 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jennifer Deters shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  AdminMixer Team (Admin, Mixer) responded  · 

We are considering this! We did have achievements back when Mixer was “Beam Beta” but removed them at launch to focus on quality/performance.

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Imperial_Kaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think some kind of achievement/reward system would make people watch mixer more over for example Youtube. It could be for example - you reached lvl 100, you get a month mixer pro for free. Real incent to spend more time on it. Also better ways to use sparks.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, please don't add this. Twitch did it as a way to grab money from a lot of small streams, not to help them grow. It's not productive or helpful for anyone. It's one of the reasons I moved to mixer.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terrible idea just makes people focus on the numbers and gives people false hope. Mixer already have guidance on what people need to do to get partnered.

• Matthew Hooton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like the achievement system for "roads to..." and things of that nature would be fun. I personally enjoy that newly released feature on Twitch but with Xbox Achievements really being a thing, it would make perfect sense to add such a feature to MIXER.

Achievements are a good indicator of how long certain members of the community have been around and they can be a fantastic motivator for new streamers and even viewers to build good content creator or viewer habits.

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Back in 2015 Beam actually had Badges to show achievements but with the platform re-write, they were phased off as there was no actual value in having them around.

While I find the idea nice to have to check our milestones, recieving sparks as a reward would ruin the point of watching streams to earn them.

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Achievement Unlocked!

With the current amount of users constantly joining the platform we often get lost for how long we've been around.

Currently there's achievements for Stalkers, Helpers and even who's been around since Alpha or Beta.

However a new achievement was announced that the largest group that makes Beam what Beam is will never get; Partnership Achievement.

My idea consists on Beam having Achievements for years of service, for example "New Achievement Unlocked - 1 Year with Beam!"

I took the time to make a mock-up of my idea to show you guys what I'm suggesting.

Never forget, Beam is what it is thanks to the viewers. It's time to give them a little recognition for the time they've been around.

• RevDragonus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oh yeah of course, it could be something along the lines of when you click on an achievement it gives you option to display achievement and if you click yes then it appears next to your name. only one could be displayed at a time and then an option to display none

• Qaz Wiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

of course it should also be optional, there are some ppl who don't like that because it can seem like bragging but I vote this be adopted

• RevDragonus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User achievements and possible uses for them
        as of right now there is no way to view other beam users achievements. one of the ideas i had for this was the possibility of displaying these medals to the left of our name in chat. obviously you could only select 1 to display at a time.
        my goal with this addition would be to make it easier to figure out who mods a lot of streams and could be potential benefit to the stream, see who are the people who follow a lot of streams and gets themselves out there in the community and also be able to tell when a "famous" streamer comes into your stream.

• Amelia Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Profile page should show the badges for each achievement they've earned. Probably make this optional?

Feedback and Knowledge Base