How can we improve Mixer?

Integrated Stream Delay Option

Some players play games at a high/competitive level and would like to stream their game to viewers, the downside to this using Mixer is that the delay can't allow players to do this without worrying their stream is being watched by their opponents. If you could add an option to pre-set time to delay the stream before broadcasting, that would be cool.

I use the Windows 10 Game Streaming app to stream so just before I start my broadcast, you could add the option in the small purple pop up window!

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ThatCostsMoneyy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Poet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely should update the title of this to include "Windows Game Bar" as like the below points out, most streaming apps support delays.

Another issue is... if you're trying to add a delay to stop stream sniping, unless it's a VERY long delay, you still have the potential to get stream sniped. Streaming competitive play is never going to be a good idea, especially if you're advertising it to your competitors.

• k_wins_it commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. OBS (and i think Xsplit) have the option to delay baked right in.
        2. This seems like a game bar request, and a better place to post about it would probably be in Microsoft feedback, instead of mixer feedback.
        3. All that said, if you're thinking a delay of a few hours, AND just using the game bar, THEN it might be helpfull to delay the stream on mixer's end. (as opposed to the computer's end with the Game Bar, Xsplit or OBS.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base