How can we improve Mixer?

Change the name of subscriber to sponsor

I think we should change the name of subscibers(subs) to sponsors.

Instead of "subscribe $5.99" it would be "sponsor$5.99"

I attached a screenshot of what my community thought below. Ask your community what they think and come back and leave your feedback, and vote! Thanks!

37 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

split dawig shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Poet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I disagree with the below stating that you need to be a company in order to sponsor a project or activity, words like this definitely do have purpose. This is the reason that companies shy away from words like "Donation" or "Donor".

Subscriber implies that you have a subscription to something, and since you DO pay for the monthly subscription to a streamer, it makes a whole lot of sense to call it that.

Again, while you DON'T need to be a company to sponsor someone, it does imply that you are providing the funding for a project. Often companies do not allow you to receive monetization on top of paid sponsorship. Either that, or you have to disclose sponsorship via FCC rules. A simple word can change a lot about what is and is not disclosed.

To put it simply - calling subscriber makes sense and is safer than calling it something else like "donor" or "sponsor".

• Valsis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something has to be taken into consideration here.

We, as users in general, aren't part of any company, nor are we representing a company to sponsor anyone.

People can only be called Sponsors if they belong to a company and/or a contract is signed between who's being sponsored and who's sponsoring.

Taking into consideration that none applies, the word Sponsor instead of Subscribe is void as the only thing we can do is Subscribe because we're individuals, not an entity/company.

• LumusDigital commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if your wanting to change it to be diffrent from twitch then sorry to tell you but youtube gaming uses sponsor for there pay button in case it was i idea to be diffrent other then that sounds good

Feedback and Knowledge Base