How can we improve Mixer?

Xbox one integrated Stream overlays

I would love for you guys to implement a feature that allows for the people who are currently stuck on console for streaming to have a couple simple stream overlays to use. Such as a face cam border and maybe a follower announce. This would be a great way to make console streams look a little sharper and these could easily be managed through the broadcast set-up, you could opt to have it on or off and just like chat overlay choose the position. This feature could be rolled out first for xbox insiders to test it and see if it has the potential to go far and get general feedback

194 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mrPiddles68 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GDX Smokey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would absolutely love this! Not everyone has the budget to have an expensive fancy setup with an Elgato/capture card, or even have the powerful rig to run such things. It would be great to have such a feature.....Perhaps a partnership with Player.me? They have an overlay designing tool and I feel like something like this could be implemented with Mixer through Xbox. It'd give up and coming streamers a chance to stand out a little and make their streams look nicer and a bit more professional and visually pleasing to viewers. Just my two cents!

I volunteer RocketBear to do the grpahic work :-p

• Shortie861 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an amazing addition if possible. Even for donate buttons, alerts overlays and even a cam border would be amazing for those of us stuck on console for streaming.

• The_Portonian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to add borders, animations for new follows and sound effects to broadcasts would help individualize broadcasts.

• Jenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A must have. I've loved being able to stream from the couch with my cam and being able to engage with my viewers but it ends there. Streaming from PC is next level, but simple overlay inclusions via a URL or otherwise would be grand.

• Doc Coffee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make the Xbox one the ultimate streaming platform for anyone not looking to do go the extra mile to set up a more professional stream on a pc. I feel this would go a long way in attracting most new and upcoming streamers as well as extending the popularity of the Mixer brand.

• Thorbjørn Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such an important feature that would really set aside Mixer as a great Console place to stream. While i think it would be better to add this not from the server side of Mixer, but as an upgrade to the mixer streaming app on the Xbox. Would be nice to be able to choose from preset notifications, overlays, sound effects, add text etc. (maybe even set scenes) Or import them via a USB stick.
        This is truly needed for console streamers, and a huge plus to the streaming experience.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If possible, it would make so many more console streamers interactive and boost the console streaming community as a whole

• IXxPSYCHOSISxXI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better yet let's put those sparks to good use with more than just sound bites MIXER. I'd like see MIXER come up with overlay packs and sound boards that can be purchased using sparks. Think about it... You want a certain border for your cam, a certain sound bite for your followers, or even for your sound board. Just interact with the site, earn those sparks, and it's yours. Also not having to use a computer and outside BOTs would be great too. Make it all part of the OS. Console gamers love the one stop for all idea, along with plug and play functionality.

• Brandon Ouellette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like for some reason that'd be hard for them to do but I really like the idea really puts less of a disadvantage between the elgato and PC streams

• Christopher Cammel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS. My computer currently can barely run internet and music at the same time, let alone throwing video input from two sources.

• Christina Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've heard a different department at Microsoft basically already made this, but that team has dispersed. Mixer DM for details lol

• JustKyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im 100% surprised they have not added this yet. This would bring in ALOT of people from twitch xbox streaming to mixer for the option of an overlay.

• Ripshade_41 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would amazing and I do not think it would be that hard at all to implement. I mean all its needs to be is an overlay image that shows up when your online kinda like your offline image.

• MrHypist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Through the website you should be able to add certain things. For ex. overlays, follower notifications, subscription/donation notifications, etc. The main idea is to have the power of a streaming program in the website.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base