How can we improve Mixer?

A new way to add games other than through Player.me

Player.me is a decent site, however their game directory is lacking and we are using their game directory for Mixer. We need a new way to add games to Mixers directory. The Escapists 2 has been released but it has to be shown as 'unlisted game' because Player.me do not have it in their database yet. I had to add it to be approved and that can take a week or so. We should be able to play all new releases with the correct game title from release day and not a week or so later. I see this cropping up a lot with indie games and I think it's not right. There has to be a better way than this.

Would it be difficult for all Xbox games to be linked to Mixer? Our Microsoft accounts are linked, so can't the games we play on Xbox be linked too? I know that would only solve the Xbox side of it, but I detest playing 'unlisted game'.

How about linking our Steam profile so it uses our Steam library to list the game?

The same could be done by adding our PSN accounts too.

I'd even rather just have us as community members seek approval for new games to be added on Mixer rather than having to go to another site.

60 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gfox shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Trevor Lemeron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconding the Giant Bomb database. I've dabbled with their API and have helped edit their Wiki. It's an incredibly diverse database with pretty much everything you can think of. Should be pretty easy to implement.

• David Bandey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I stream some old 8-bit Zx Spectrum games and I would be handy to just have the platform as an option - ZX Spectrum, C64 etc

• Rush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not even the smaller titles. Currently, you can't even search for NBA Live 18. An EA Sports game released a week ago is not searchable on Mixer. That's pretty pathetic if you ask me. Sent a ticket. Hope they fix it ASAP.

• SmileCode commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really have no idea how to fix this issue for the PC community, but I agree that it is a shame new games or relatively unknown games can't be set for streaming. Mixer definitely should improve on that front and therefore improve the quality of it's service to both streamers and especially viewers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! I had even requested The Escapists 2 on player.me...and nothing. Other options would help tremendously!

Feedback and Knowledge Base