How can we improve Mixer?

Rebroadcast VODS

Recently there have been alot of channels rebroadcasting their streams and twitch has the ability to replay past streams as "live". I would love for there to be a way to rebroadcast streams from VODS on mixer. It should also be added to xbox possibly? Also it would help alot of people who cant do 24/7 rebroadcast streams cause their computers cant handle it.

52 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JustKyle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Un Loup Albinos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally dont like that idea, if people want to see rebroadcast VOD are there for that

Rebroadcasting get the viewers confused

I.E.; some huge YTbers who rebroadcast 24/7 and show nowhere that it is not live, then viwers get frustrated at "Mixer" because "the chat is broke"

I am and i always will be shunting streamers who do rebroadcasting

• PinkMeatBall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are currently 2 channels right now doing rebroadcasts and one of them has 100+ viewers. The people in chat keep telling them to play the game and have no idea its not even live. The reason I love being at mixer is its different and not just like twitch.

• Emgineer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with PinkMeatBall. One of the things that I dislike about twitch is this. I feel like streamers would abuse this system so that they can try to maximize on followers. I found it rather annoying on twitch that the broadcasts weren't actually live. I believe it would take away from the quality of mixer. If you can't stream 24/7 then just stream when you can please.

• PinkMeatBall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would honestly not like to see this happen. I have clicked over the last couple days channels that are doing this. I don't want to see a rebroadcast this is for live streaming. If I wanted to watch VOD's I go to someones VOD's. I think this takes away from the live aspect.

Feedback and Knowledge Base