How can we improve Mixer?

Mixer Chat Emotes Redesign

I don't mean to compare apples to oranges but, mixer emotes just doesn't "POP" for me the way that Twitch emotes do.

The emotes within mixer look very bland and stale, almost as if they are faded. They definitely need some redesigning.

Emotes bring chat to life, and that is the one thing that Mixer is lacking. Having lived the lurking life for quite a while, people LOVE to use emotes as it is a comical way to express the viewer's emotions. From Twitch to Youtube, emotes bring life to a stream!

Please consider this Mixer Team!

25 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

An0n_eX1 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Crowboat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see a way to edit my post, so I suppose I should add: I am a graphic designer by trade with over 12 years commercial experience in graphics. I've done countless emotes for streamers on twitch and have a firm grasp of how to create emotes from scratch as well as cut faces from photos ect. I believe that fun and unique emotes can add a lot to a chat for entertainment purposes as well as conveying thoughts/feelings in a fun manner.

I would love the opportunity to create interesting emotes for Mixer to help the platform grow in a small way and add to the community!

• Xav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

more unique and appealing emotes would definitely be much appreciated!

• Crowboat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see some more unique global emotes. I'm sure the idea has been brought up before, but I would definitely be honored to be able to produce better global emotes for Mixer. The current emotes look so old and outdated, and I think most people would agree chat emotes really make for a great chat experience.

Let me do this! I'll make awesome emotes for everyone to enjoy :)

Oh also, option to choose a color for your chat name... please!

• PhantomOfNyx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not that the emotes are bland but more that 24x24 have some very strong limitations compared to 28x28 or 32x32 twitch uses.

• DevArts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, so today on twitter I offered to redesign the global emotes on Mixer. I got a reply saying to post it here.

I've made about 80 emotes for partners currently in use on Mixer. And would love to make the global emotes just as good if not better than my previous ones.

My website is http://devonrogers.com where you can see some of my previous work (not including emotes)

Feedback and Knowledge Base