How can we improve Mixer?

Co-streaming as a viewer

Costreaming is an amazing idea, but it could definitely be improved by putting the audience in charge of their personal screen sizes and positioning. Relying on the costream host to pick a layout for the best of all of us is not a great idea. It would be much better if we could choose our own viewing method for the costream that didn't affect anyone else.

85 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

WEBM RadioWEBM Radio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Asra NolanAsra Nolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea of viewer controlled co-stream has been partiality added by using multi-tabs with /mobile after the streamers name looks more like multi-stream style or theater mode with just one viewer as well as an independent audio from the streamers.

• itsPlanbitsPlanb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see the capability of singling out streamers in a co-stream that allowed for less distractions in the chat from the streamer perspective. In the link below I've modified a mixer.com streaming image that shows kind of what I'm thinking. There is a primary streamer with a larger window and child streamers attached to that. You can see all the streams, yet one of them is the primary and that is also the chat that is shown as well. Far too often I end up just closing down the other windows and have this little window left or a full screen option in which I cannot see chat. This kind of allows for more choice by the consumer (Viewer)

http://www.itsplanb.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Untitled-2.png

• TrvthTrvth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also dislike co-streams. I usually only want to watch one streamer at a time and right now, this is impossible if you want to see chat. Please make it so you can totally minimize a stream you don't want to see. On a laptop sized screen, co-stream windows aren't much bigger than a smartphone screen.
        Thanks!

• changelingthingchangelingthing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Every user has a different setup, and a layout that works wonderfully for some can easily be terrible for others. I am also avoiding co-streams at the moment because of the current issues.

At the very least they need to fix the 'x' on the individual streams within the co-stream so that it actually gets rid of that stream instead of creating a static image of it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Mixer" streams with co-streaming are basically unwatchable for me right now because of this. It wont let me close one stream and just watch one and while watching on a laptop the screen I want to watch is literally smaller than my cell phone screen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base