Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

Adding mute function to chat

Many users want the function that can ignore someones unpleasant comments by themselvs. Is it possible to add the funcion like this at an early date?

126 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ukyochi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Archie Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea. And what if we could highlight a friends Profile, and there is and option to set them as a "Mixer Stream Moderator". This idea could be cool if your a passionate streamer with a large audience.

• yabe-kun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish it would add this function.
        With a click of a button, any user can be ignored, which means that their messages will no longer appear on your screen.
        I think all users should have the ability to stop somebody from harassing them.
        We would greatly appreciate if you can give our proposal a good review.

• Kondrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest that it's probably a good idea to be able to have a timer on the command, rather than just making it permanent. Maybe something like a default of 15 minutes. So a little like a way to personally time out someone. It could always include a permanent option, but sometimes the ability to ignore someone is only needed until they calm down.

• TheWraith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So you're asking for a way for the viewer to block chat messages from reaching their own chat box, and not from everyone watching the stream. So basically when you "mute" them you can't read anything they chat, but everyone who hasn't "muted" them can still see it. This sounds like a great idea, especially if 2 chatters are having an argument and the streamer/mods don't seem to care what's going on, you can ignore them without disrupting other viewers. Voted.

• Gfox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to mute users. Especially people that tend to spam the same sentence. Continually spamming other people's chats off the screen is extremely rude. Sometimes the caster and mods don't do anything and allow this behaviour. So I think we as users should have more power to deal with users like that to make our own experience better. Having a toggle to mute by username would be perfect.

Feedback and Knowledge Base