How can we improve Mixer?

Make Hosting Even More Useful

The following are a few ways that a few of us here on Beam think Hosting a channel could be used to improve the benefits to the streamer, the community, and the viewer:

1. Have a "Hosts" section on the beam.pro homepage (either between those you follow that are live and the unfollowed live streamers or on it's own tab, like Rising Stars, etc...)
This would benefit both the streamer and the community in two ways. First, if someone goes to beam.pro and sees a bunch of the people in their community hosting a channel, then they are likely to go hang out in that channel as well, to continue hanging out with their community. Secondly, that would indicate that something good is happening on the streamer's channel and would encourage more people to join in on the Beam love, which would help it get super lit.

2. Having a Followers/Views/Watching/Hosting tab could be useful information to the streamer and could encourage them to keep up the good work and interaction.

3. Encourage viewers to host by giving them an extra spark per minute when hosting.
Ideas generated and submitted by MAGNETRON, RafaelMei, and ThePolkaWarlord

22 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ThePolkaWarlordThePolkaWarlord shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • shufunkshufunk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The extra sparks for hosting is a bad idea. With that you have people just going around and hosting for no reason! Hosting is meant for streamers to allow their viewers to watch someone after the stream is over without haveing to leave the channel. Having people who never stream be able to host is IMO the lamest thing since there is no true benefit of hosting when no one is even in you channel to watch it! I am personally getting sick of seing host with 0 viewers pop up just because the person who did the host wants attention. I see people who litterly just signed up to the website they go to a big streamer, follow and then host! after that they leave the channel and do it all over again! YOU DO NOT NEED TO HOST IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHANNEL HOP!

There are 2 reasons to host

1. Host the person you raided so if people do not wish to leave the channel they can still watch a little until they get bored and leave.

2. Host a major event that you wanna watch with your community. This only works well on twitch ATM since things like Cons and Esport events are to me only worthy of hosting. Going to a big stream on beam where the streamer say they need more viewers to trigger a possible giveaway does not mean everyone start hosting! I have noticed that when people host there is no true gain in number of viewers. The bot may show 2-3 viewers but in reality it's counting the bots that idle in those peoples chats so seeing those number are irrelevant!

Feedback and Knowledge Base