How can we improve Mixer?

DVR

What is it?
DVR Function

Watching so intently that you forgot the hot dogs have been boiling for 20 minutes? Then this feature is needed DVR feature allows you to pause, rewind, and play from any point in the stream. Once you resume playing, the Stream will start from where you hit pause, so you won't miss a thing.

How does DVR work?

Pause: Click the pause button when you need to take a break.

Play: Once you're ready to begin watching again, click the play button
and the stream will begin streaming again from where you left off.

Seeking: Miss something? Seek back and forth in the stream by dragging the scrubber backwards and forwards. You'll see the time stamp change as you move the scrubber around, so you'll know where you are.

Live: Ready to get back to the real-time coverage of the stream? Just click the Live button, and we'll take you there.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kodzo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MrLethalM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well.. I agree with this but have one thing that should be added... this should be a feature that you must turn on. If it's on by default some people will have issues with that.

• Randall Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Bacon_Space I imagine it's so that it can be used as a streamer is already live. YouTube Gaming has a feature like this, and it is pretty nifty, especially for longer streams by Publishers (ie, like this Morning's Microsoft announcement, would be great to go back and watch part of the Beam stream while Panos rambled on and on about the features of the Surface Studio).

Feedback and Knowledge Base